Welcome to The Jamaican Women of Florida (JWOF), Inc., a Florida Not-For-Profit founded October, 2012 and launched April, 2013 as an organization designed to provide an outlet for Jamaican women in Florida to advance themselves through charitable and educational activities, personal development and mentoring.
The goals of JWOF are to assist women in need; to partner with local Non Profits; to assist young children, the homeless and children in foster care; to provide scholarships to Jamaican/American women in college; to inspire personal development of women and to mentor the next generation of powerful women in Jamaica and in Florida.
Board Of Directors
- President - Camille Edwards
- Vice President - June Minto
- Secretary - Tamara Wadley
- Treasurer - Dale Telfer, CPA
- Director at Large - Ann Marie Clarke, Esq.
- Legal Director - Hilary Creary, Esq.
- Honorary Chair - Consul General Hon. Franz Hall
- First Honorary Chair - Ambassador Sandra Grant Griffiths
- Founder & Past President - Dahlia A. Walker-Huntington, Esq.
Charitable & Educational
- To assist women in need
- To partner with local Non Profits
- To improve the reading levels of young children,
- To improve the quality of life of children in foster care
- To provide scholarships to Jamaican/American women in college
- Financial Security
- Health & Wellness
- Women’s Conferences
- Develop mentoring relationships with our scholarship applicants
- Workshops on transitioning from high school to college to career
- Mentoring abandoned and neglected girls at a Girl’s Home in Jamaica
- Leadership program for women and girls in Jamaica – incorporating leadership skills, team building and conflict management